Also Known As Reduction Mammaplasty
The goal of breast reduction surgery is to reduce the size of your breasts and reshape them so that they are proportionate to the rest of your body and are no longer a source of physical discomfort. This commonly requested, predictable procedure has the dual benefits of improving your appearance while relieving the physical and emotional burden of overly large breasts.
Many women may have their breast reduction surgery covered by their health insurance plan. In order for insurance to cover a breast reduction, there must be documentation of pain and failure of non-surgical treatments to alleviate the pain. A certain volume of tissue must also be removed which may vary from patient to patient and between insurance companies. Our office will help you determine what documents are required for precertification and give you assistance with obtaining coverage whenever possible.
When to consider Breast Reduction:
- If your breasts are too large for your body frame and create neck, back, or shoulder pain
- If you have heavy breasts with nipples and areolas (pigmented skin surrounding the nipples) that point downward
- If one breast is much larger than the other
- If you are unhappy and self-conscious about the large appearance of your breasts
Breast Reduction Video*
Many women who consider breast reduction also consider breast lift, liposuction, and mommy makeover. Learn about all our breast surgery procedures or see photos of our successful breast surgery procedures.
Contact us today at 914.242.7610 to schedule a consultation for a Breast Reduction procedure or use our online contact form.
* Results may vary based on the individual.