Dr. David A. Palaia, Plastic Surgeon
To schedule an appointment with Dr. David Palaia, call 914.242.7610 or visit The Breast Institute to learn more about Dr. David Palaia.
A graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, David Palaia, MD, FACS completed his Chief Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. A member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), Dr. Palaia is board-certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. David Palaia was the Chief of Plastic Surgery at NWHC from 2000-2005. He has authored numerous articles in prestigious journals such as Annals of Plastic Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery.
He has lectured internationally on a variety of topics, including breast reconstruction, cosmetic breast surgery, and facial plastic surgery. He has performed live surgery both internationally as well as at domestic programs for the education of surgeons around the world. Dr. Palaia specializes in facial cosmetic surgery and his practice also encompasses:
- body contouring
- ultrasonic and tumescent liposuction techniques
- breast reconstruction
- breast augmentation
- other breast related surgeries
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. David Palaia maintains a number of professional affiliations. He is an active member of:
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc. (12/1993)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society of the State of N.Y.
- N.Y. Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Inc.
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Surgical Society of the New York Medical College
- The Lipoplasty Society of North American
- Westchester Academy of Medicine
- Section on Plastic Surgery
Dr. Palaia’s states his “commitment to provide a highly technical service to the community with a great level of expertise, compassion and artistry, and to do this in a safe, comfortable setting.”